So here's our current water system. It leaves a lot of things to be desired but I wanted to document the state we found it in before creating something new.
Downsides to this system:
- Clean (tested) spring water mixes with creek water
- No long-term storage, pressure tanks are just that, not for storage
- Pump relies on sketchy power system and PG&E
- Nearly every part of the system is old and in need of attention/replacement
Qualities I'd like to see in our new system:
- Keeps clean spring water isolated to maintain quality
- Use gravity to pressurize water (we have a tall slope behind the house)
- Use solar energy to power all pumps involved
- Long-term storage, 5,000 gallons maybe?
- Use of sand/natural filters as a prefilter for drinking water
- Online before the end of summer 2012
Up next? Drawings of the dream water system :)